Marketing and PR Associate
The Marketing and PR associate is responsible for assisting the head of Dot Org’s marketing communications division in a variety of duties including branding, creative services, public relations, publications and other marketing initiatives. This individual will help write, edit and produce marketing collateral and communications deliverables including email, newsletters, website content, press releases and social media tailored to multiple audiences for multiple clients. This individual will also be responsible for updating production schedules, building advertising/editorial calendars, updating client websites and managing social media channels. The marketing and PR associate will also assist in developing strategic marketing and public relations plans for clients, including writing, conducting research, preparing materials, maintaining contacts and responding to inquiries.
This person supports other personnel as required or assigned and may also be required to perform administrative and office support activities for the Dot Org team. Duties may include answering telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations and filing.
- Assist the head of Dot Org’s marketing communication division on a variety of tasks for clients
- Develop quality content
- Assist in the preparation of internal print and electronic communications
- Assist with estimates and project management
- Manage client requests – attending meetings as required
- Work with outside vendors
- Prepare materials for client meetings
- Maintain and monitor client communications plans and calendars
Qualifications and required skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution with a focus in marketing communications, public relations or journalism.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in PR, marketing communications or related field
- Exceptional writing skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- A working knowledge of AP Style
- Solid understanding of social media and ability to navigate popular platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong desire to work as part of a team and support ideas/successes of co-workers
- Strong desire to learn new skills and better ways to do things to help Dot Org stay on top of latest trends and employ best practices; i.e. research new tools or social media tactics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Constant Contact or other electronic newsletter platforms
- Knowledge of WordPress and other website management systems a plus
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector a plus
To apply: Send your resume, cover letter, three writing samples and salary requirements to [email protected].